GraphQL API for Onchain/Lightning via User Accounts #
The Galoy API provides access to onchain and lightning network payments/receipts via user accounts on an internal accounting system. As an authenticated user a web service can do the following on a user’s behalf:
- generate lightning invoices to receive payments against
- pay lightning invoices from a user balance
- generate onchain addresses to receive payments
- pay to an onchain address
- pay to another user on the same galoy instance
- send and receive USD over Lightning
The API is available from any deployed Galoy instance at that instance’s endpoint. A live mainnet API explorer is available for sending and receiving USD or BTC over Lightning and onchain. Checkout the README to get started. Request a JSON web token (providing access to $5 USD wallet and 5k BTC wallet) from the Galoy team by joining the #hackathon channel in Galoy Slack.
Queries and mutations for authenticating as and getting information for a given user account.
Queries and mutations for sending and receiving over the Lightning Network.
Queries and mutations for sending and receiving on-chain transactions.
Queries and mutation for interacting with other users on the same instance.
Queries and mutation for working with an internal USD balance.